Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Football is over, so now what?



Now is the perfect time of year to have a hobby. The weather outside is just cold and unpleasant. And let's face it, is there anything less productive than spending your free time binge-watching streaming video content while laying on the couch? No, probably not. Finding a productive way to spend your free time is rewarding in so many ways. I mean it's entertaining, it's good for your mood, and you can use it as an excuse to get your friends together. It's a total worthwhile endeavor.

What I consider to be my hobby is pretty basic: I collect die-cast models of all kinds. I keep them on my desk, and I move them around from time to time. I really have too many to fit, so some have been moved to the window sill or other areas, while others have been made to serve a purpose. As you see below, I am using my CAT forklift from Norscot as a post-it note holder.  I used to keep paper clips in my CAT wheel loader, but I guess I've run out.



Another hobby that I find fascinating is model railroading. I made the trip to Milwaukee with my boss to man a booth at Trainfest a couple years ago. I was completely bowled over by the whole experience. The craftsmanship and attention to detail was really impressive. I have yet to start my own, but we get so many cool models in HO scale that I will eventually just have to jump in and do it.

Some of the latest models we've received are from CMW. If you're familiar at all with 1/87 scale die-cast, then you already know that the quality is top notch. Here are a couple of their newest models.

  


This taxi is a 1955 Ford Mainline with Yellow Cab Co on the door, really nice detail in 1/87.

Item number: 30397








To the right is a 1941 Chevy Wrecker with Gulf Towing on the door, a must have for dioramas.

Item number: 30403






We've got much more available at 3000toys.com, so please take a look around. I'm sure you'll find something you just can't live without.

Please leave your comments below, or ask me a question about the crazy stuff I keep on my desk. Or send me a picture of what your desk looks like. Until next time, go be good to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment