Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Detailed Offerings



Details make the hobby world go 'round. When I'm considering buying a diecast replica, the decision often hinges on two things: value and details. If a company can pack details into a replica and I don't have to break the bank to get it, well, I'm sold. And it can't just be "opening doors and hood." What happens after the door opens? Can I see interior detail? What about the hood? Does it look like an engine is in there?

Unique Replicas hits the spot when it comes to details, as they have an impressive line of realistic diecast replicas. The doors and hoods open and details spill out: interior detail, engine detail, and happiness (I know, "happiness" is not a detail, but it still comes standard with these models). Let's take a look at four and I'll be asking, like the classic song, "Do you see what I see?!"

It doesn't take much effort to imagine cruising down the highway on the BMW R-25 with just my golf clubs wife in the side car, excited about the travel as much as the destination.

This replica BMW R-25 with Side Car is a beast of a model. It's 1/10 scale so the details really pop: the upholstery of the side car looks plush, the engine practically rumbles with power, and the BMW styling is sleek and smooth. Nothing opens up on this model, but nothing needs to either! The details are apparent and beautifully displayed.

BMW R-25 with Side Car
18305 - 1/10 scale
Price = $64.95







Just about every little boy dreams of being a firefighter growing up. Many don't get to go down that road, but I sure would have tried harder to become one if I could have driven this sweet sedan around!

The 1935 Chicago Fire Department Sedan Delivery Truck comes screaming out of the box with details (like this: "DETAILS!"). The front grille is topped off with a sweet V8 hood ornament. The doors open to reveal a detailed interior and carpeted floor and the back door opens to a large storage area. Some of the best detail can be found after opening the hood: your eyes will get to gaze upon a detailed 90hp "L" head engine.

Chicago Fire Department - 1935 Ford Sedan Delivery Truck
18517 - 1/24 Scale
Price = $41.95







Muscle. As men lose muscle mass they tend to drift towards classic muscle cars to supplement their egos. And I'm no different. Aging isn't the most fun, but a 1969 Mustang Boss 429 sure is!

As I'm still fairly young, I'm not ready to take on the real deal. However, this 1/24 scale replica is pretty darn close! The opening doors reveal a beautifully detailed interior and the wheels are realistic enough that you might try to burn some rubber. Finally, just one look at the detailed engine compartment might make your heart yearn for this model.

1969 Mustang Boss 429 in Creamy White
18648 - 1/24 Scale
Price = $56.95




I surfed once and I was hooked. I wanted to have more and more of that culture. Then I had to fly back to the mainland and the dream was over.

This 1937 Studebaker Woody Wagon helps me relive some of that fun culture and I'm sure it will do the same for you! The details are numerous and fantastic. Opening doors reveal the ultra-
detailed interior and the fun stickers lining the sides and back can fool you into thinking you've just finished a day of surfing and are driving down from the North Shore of Hawaii to grab some food at Town. But the big winner here is the real wood paneling (REAL WOOD PANELING! How cool is that?!).

1937 Studebaker Woody Wagon
18595 - 1/24 Scale
Price = $57.95


You like one of these models, I can just feel it! My favorite is the Woody Wagon, but your favorite might be the BMW bike. Or maybe you didn't fall in love with one of these models, but you think you would really like a Unique Replicas model. I think you're right. So please check out the rest of their line here. And don't forget to keep checking back with 3000toys.com to see what is new and exciting.


--Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment